Saturday, March 18, 2006

"Thank you" e-mails

Since KT gave no indication of a future get together, I gave in an sent a brief e-mail. As I've said before, I don't want to have to over think everything I do or play (too many) games. Life should just be what it is.

Before I left work for the day, I sent this:

"Hi K, Thanks for dinner. It was fun catching up with you last night. I hope we can do this again soon. Maybe we could do a hike sometime. I'm slipping out of work early today so I can catch part of the basketball game. I hope it's a good one. Have a good weekend, P"

Just before I headed out for the night, I found he had sent this:

"Hi P, Thanks for joining me for dinner last night. I'd like to meet up again soon. I actually stayed home from work today. I woke up very dizzy. The room was spinning. By about 10:30, the spinning had stopped. By then, it was too late to go to work. . . . I watched the game...up to the point they started losing. Oh well...they made a game of it at least. In any case, there's always next year. K"

Initially, I was happy. He's implying that he wants to see me again. It made the evening more satisfying to think that good things can happen to me while I am being myself. I can't tell you how many times I've felt like I unintentionally misrepresented myself or behaved how I thought others wanted me to rather than what felt normal.

But wait... "meet up" is another one of those vague terms. I think he's being very careful in choosing his words. Then again, you can see I was very vague with mine [but I'm just using his words ;)]. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE JUST SAY IT!!!??? How old are we? Why does this have to be so difficult? Does he have an official account for dating and want to keep this off the books?

And what does "soon" mean in KT's dictionary? Based on his previous behavior I'm thinking soon means less than two weeks. ;) Think he can do better? And if I don't hear from him, I'll just blame that silly junior college he attended. (Serves me right for going on a date with the enemy. :-O)

No comments: