Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Single versus married viewpoint

I'm basing my opinions on a handful of friends, but I just find it interesting that I feel like there's a difference of opinion. When this whole thing about KT first began, I feel like my married friends were much more patient about his behavior. In contrast, most of my single girlfriends were ready to write him off. (Now, seven weeks later, I think we're all ready to write him off.)

Why do suppose there's a difference between these groups? Am I just imagining things? I wonder if being single and somewhat jaded has made us single girls more suspicious, less willing to compromise. Perhaps the married women are more tolerant, more patient because they have to deal with this on a daily basis?

I hate feeling like I do. I've become more anxious, superstitious, and whiny during this time. I don't understand why I have to turn into such a drama queen when I like a guy. If it's not meant to be, I know there's no reason to be upset about it. People come and go, not everyone is going to like everyone. I guess it's the loss of the *potential* that is so disappointing. His indecisiveness and vacillating level of engagement seems like such a lame reason for this to fade. I'm the type of person who would prefer be able to say it didn't work out because we're not compatible rather than because there was a gap in communication.

Whatever... I'm not e-mailing him back this time. He needs to drive this next get together.

No comments: