Thursday, April 20, 2006

A husband store

My co-worker sent this sometime ago. I remember it after taking that quiz that said I want "romance." Play along as if you were really there and make your choice. ;)

****************************

> A store that sells husbands has just opened in New York City, where a
> woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the
> entrance is a description of how the store operates.
>
> "You may visit the store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the
> attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights.
> There is, however, a catch: you may choose any man from a particular
> floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down
> except to exit the building!"
>
> So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.
>
> On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men
> have jobs.
>
> The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men have jobs and love
> kids.
>
> The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love kids,
> and are extremely good looking. "Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled
> to keep going.
>
> She goes to the fourth floor and the sign reads: Floor 4 - These men
> have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with the
> housework.
>
> "Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"
>
> Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads: Floor 5 - These men
> have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with the housework,
> and have a strong romantic streak.
>
> She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the
> sign reads: Floor 6 -
>
> You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this
> floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to
> please.
>
> Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

*************************

So when I read this, I thought about stopping at the 3rd floor. It seemed pretty reasonable, but I have to admit I was tempted enough to go one more floor. At the time, I was pretty content with my choice, especially knowing I had bagged myself a good looking man who would take equal responsibilities at home.

Of course, if I had read the details more carefully, I would have known to stop at the 5th floor. ;) Damn, was I disappointed to read the next floor added romance... sigh. If only life were that easy to predict.

I couldn't help wonder if this means I'm ready to settle for Mr. Right Now (or maybe I'm just getting more realistic in my "old" age ;)).

No comments: