Monday, October 23, 2006

Choice and decision

So I have a small dilemna...

Limey sent me an e-mail today saying he has two tickets for a rock concert this Saturday. He's asking if I'd like have dinner and attend the concert with him. For that night, I already RSVP'd for a post-wedding party of a friend who I haven't seen in a year. Since their wedding was in Hong Kong earlier this spring, I'd like to catch up and see all the wedding photos.

I'm still neutral about this guy. It'd be nice to go with Limey, but I *feel* like it'd be more because of the band rather than because of how much I want to hang out with him. On the other hand, I think I should spend time with him, given the chance, to figure out whether or not I'm interested. Argh.

My gut tells me I should just tell him that I cannot make it and go to the wedding party.

5 comments:

jayfish said...

the prior commitment wins out unless he's totally hot or you're sure to get nookie. hehe.

really, if you've already rsvp'd for something, i think that's more of a commitment. too bad he didn't ask you earlier.

maybe you could suggest seeing him a different day instead so he's not totally defeated.

zerodoll said...

definitely keep your prior commitment and explain to him that's your policy (if it is...) then suggest an alternative so he doesn't think you're blowing him off.

(i guess i'm just echoing jayfish!)

Pandax said...

Yup, just checking that I'm not missing something.. It does tend to be my policy to stick to things I've RSVP'ed for. I know some people like to wait and see a little, but I don't like people who wait until the last minute either.

Pandax said...

Silly me.... after all that, it turns out I read the date wrong. So I wrote Limey that I can go. :)

shan said...

oooo, nice! i hope you guys have a good time! fill us in afterwards :)