Sunday, May 14, 2006

Old-fashioned personals

I went hiking with Chi and her friend, Ato, today. We're all about the same age and dealing with the same feelings about dating. They're both still open to Internet dating. We would all like to meet someone the "natural" way, but for what ever reason, it's tough.

These days, I look at personal ads rarely. As I've mentioned before, I don't do Internet dating anymore. I tried it, I met a couple people, I even hand a year long relationship with one, but I have come to realize it's not for me. Still, I like browsing. I suppose it gives me some sense of hope that there are decent men out there that I might meet someday.

So I was recalling this personal ad I saw years ago in a local Thursday weekly. I thought it was the best thing I'd ever seen. Given those ads have a limited amount of space, there isn't much space to get the message across. Most people, especially women tend to list all their attributes. Men tend to list what they're looking for. This particular ad stood out because it was unique. I can't remember the *exact* ad, but you see why it's not to hard to recreate:

"Blah, blah, blah, blah, SWM, 33, blah, blah, blah. Blah, blah, blonde, blah, blah, 5'11", blah, blah. Blah, volleyball, blah, blah, blah, blah."

Hilarious.

1 comment:

PIZZICATTO said...

Try it out. It works for most gfs I have. They married well. I guess it is a matter of luck. There are decent websites where you pay a certain fee each month. And there's the FORUM where you as a member of that site, as could inter-act and discuss different issues interesting for you. Am enjoying more of your entries. Ciao!