Thursday, May 25, 2006

In Contrast: An Honest Posting?

Well, if this is a come on... it's working on me. Otherwise, I know how he feels (except for the hiking part).

One last try - 34

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: xx@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-05-25, 1:41AM PDT


Okay, I'm giving this one last try and if this doesn't work then I'm done with this whole dating thing. I've tried using Yahoo but it seems that every girl has some laundry list of must-haves and must-be's. Or it's some Russian girl trolling for her next victim.

Truthfully do you really want someone to fit exactly into some dream mold? If so, good luck to you, I just can imagine finding someone like that might be a bit difficult. In any case, you really can't get to know someone by reading a stat list and a blurb about their hobbies. It's a tricky thing this internet dating. But that's how it goes I guess.

I'll try not to keep this too dull, but let's get the stats out of the way. I am 5'9 (5'11 with my heels on...just kidding) about 195 lbs. I go to the gym on a regular basis and try to keep fit. I'm Asian-American and have no preference as far as race goes. Hopefully you don't either. I'm college educated and have a full time job. I live in the city and have a car. There. All the basics out of the way.

What am I looking for? Well to be honest not much. I respect independence and a good sense of humor (i.e. you laugh at my jokes). Physical attraction is important for me just as it is for you. But it is not a deal breaker. Personality is the most important. Generally I am looking for someone cool and someone who doesn't take themselves or me too seriously. I don't have much in the way of "requirements" per se. I don't really understand people who require that their dates listen to a certain kind of music or watch certain movies. Personally I enjoy an opposing personality to give me a different perspective, but that's just me. Plus I can give you a hard time if you're wrong.

I have a pretty sarcastic sense of humor. I love the Simpsons and Family Guy. Whenever possible, I like to sleep in. I am definitely more of a night person than a morning person. I like to dress comfortably when I can, although I'll put on the suit/tie whenever needed. Majored in Philosophy in college, worked as a bartender for many years and now work with computers (yuck. I hate my job). Would like to go back to bartending... I am the walking Zagats guide to my friends, co-workers and family. I love food. I love cooking. I hate doing dishes. Therefore, I don't cook as much. I love sports and try to catch live games whenever possible. but I am not a sports freak. I love 70's Sci-Fi movies. Growing up I listened to 80's music. Later I despised it. Now I love it again. I can be cynical at times. I have a pretty good sense of humor. I can laugh at myself or poke fun at myself. I am even better at laughing and poking fun at someone else though. I am pretty handy with tools and auto mechanics.

Whats the deal with all this hiking stuff? Do people really love hiking that much? I think hiking has become the new "long walks on the beach." I hate hiking. But that doesn't mean you can't like it...

Okay so let's make a deal and keep it quick and painless. Be honest if you decide to reply and send a recent pic. I will reciprocate. If I respond with a pic and you decide I'm not what you're looking for or you're not attracted to me, no problem. We all have our preferences and attractions. Don't feel like you have to explain or anything. Okay? Looking forward to hearing from you.

2 comments:

zerodoll said...

sounds good! and yay- someone else who hates hiking!

Anna May Won't said...

very appealing. i love his joke about being 5'11" with heels.