Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Good Wife's Guide

A co-worker sent this amusing clipping around the office (click on the image to make it easier to read):



It reminds me of Joan Allen's character in Pleasantville. I especially like the part about "put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking" for when the husband comes home. What am I - eight?

"Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes." Maybe if I'm trying to win him over about something or if he really deserves it, all dusty and sweaty from renovating the house.

What a different life we live these days... well, many of us. Is this why I'm single? ;)

I actually think there are a few decent pieces of advice here that BOTH men and women could follow to make home life better, like not greeting each other at the end of the work day with complaints and problems and showing that you're happy to see them.

No comments: