Monday, January 01, 2007

Don't you know someone with a camera?

Here's another pet peeve of mine about online dating. It's about posting pictures.

- I've been browsing dating profiles off and on for many years. Let's face it, I'm bound to see some of the same guys eventually if their dating doesn't work out and they repost online. What gets me are people who *never* update their photos. I have come across guys who are still using the same photos from several years ago. It's fine if you ADD a newer photo and leave a few of the old ones. But it bugs me that all I can see are two or three photos that are clearly not current. You may think you still look exactly the same and haven't changed at all, but YOU HAVE. Update your photos!

- The other thing that really bugs me are people who provide one picture - one grainy picture or image where the person is poorly lighted, wearing sunglasses, or so small that you can barely see any of details of their face. Great, I know your of human form. You might as well have not posted a picture.

I don't like being judged soley by my photo any more than the next person. However, it's the reality of online dating. It seems only fair (but then I'm assuming a lot with that word) to put a decent picture of oneself up for viewing. If people are going to be so superficial as to ignore a decent looking person without meeting in person, then they were never worth it to begin with.

2 comments:

jayfish said...

i might add, not only a head shot but also a full figure photo should be REQUIRED.

...and guys, keep your shirts on, you're not impressing anyone with your chest hair or muscles.

Pandax said...

Hairy or body builder types, yuck. Shirtless photos only belong on those... um, you know... more casual types of sites.

Full figure photo shots are tough, the camera angle can skew size very easily. I'm fine with waist up shots to start.