Saturday, December 30, 2006

Music that's relaxing to me

I have an old stereo system with a radio, double tape cassette player/recorder, and 5-disc CD changer. Randomly piled in front of and on top of the system are a variety of CDs - Rent, Enya, Sarah Mclachlan, swing classics, Madonna, and Suzanne Vega.

The thing is, the only CD actually in the player that I bother listening to is "The Best of James Taylor." I love cooking, reading, writing on the computer with his music in the background be it "Fire and Rain" or "How Sweet It Is" (which would make for a wonderful wedding song someday). His voice is awesome and the music upbeat but mellow and honest.

I can't help sit here and wonder if anyone I know would ever appreciate this music. I don't know anyone who listens to him. I'm just such a fuddy duddy. :p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i listen to james taylor, too! i think that makes me even worse than you seeing that i'm a decade younger :)