Monday, December 18, 2006

All Yule, Yuehl, and Yuulleee

With all the headlines talking about his 5-4 win last night in the Survivor Finale, it's been really funny seeing what kinds of searches have brought people here. Because I posted a copy of an article talking about him, I tend to get brief visits. I don't have much time just now, but I just *had* to share some of these amusing referrals from overnight. (And to avoid more hits, I've eliminated his name from this post.)

First, no surprise that it's all about what a hunk he is perceived to be:

"sexiest men y--"
"y-- k---, hot"
"2006 People magazine sexiest men y-- k---"
"y-- k--- wearing glasses" (oh yeah, you know I like that too ;))
"y-- k--- asian-american male"

Then there's the questions about his personal life:
"y-- k--- romantic b---y l--" (in the post show B---y seemed to indicate there's nothing going on)
"y-- k--- mother father"
"y-- k--- consulting" (he's currently not working, don't know if he's simply on a leave of absence)
"y-- k--- height" (I'm guessing 5'9" though I really wasn't paying attention when I met him)

The two that hadn't even occurred to me until I saw them:
"'y-- k---' gay straight"
"y-- k--- single is he gay"

I just found these two amusing. I have a high school friend, friends of friends, and co-workers who are gay, but I have to admit that I don't regularly hang out with anyone gay (not that I know of). The question never even occurred to me. It's interesting to have insight into how other people think.

I haven't seen or heard any mention of a current girlfriend. However, I didn't see any friends at his party that would hint he was on the other side. Given all the friends who were there, my guess is that he's straight. But then, I'm not a friend nor do I claim to have any gaydar.

No comments: