Thursday, December 21, 2006

Can't convert yet

Darn, I tried to migrate to the new blogger but received a message saying I have a blog that can't be moved. :( Boo hoo, I wanted to be one of the cool kids.

Anyhow, posts will probably be spotty from here on out. I'm off to see the folks, catch up with some pregnant girlfriends, be subjected to parents' friends wondering why I'm still single, and sit around in my pajamas watching movies.

And somewhere in between all this, I'll be trying to figure out if I want to try the online dating thing one last time. The thing is, I have to make sure I'm going to put enough effort into it otherwise, it's just a lame excuse. That also means I'll need to find a friend or two to be my "dating coach" because I'm totally clueless. Do you think there are people available professionally that I can hire to do this?

The weather should be decent - no shorts possible but certainly I don't have to worry about packing any wool sweaters. Can't wait to go home and eat some of Mom's cooking. Maybe she'll make me some egg rolls. :D

Enjoy your time off everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays. Mom's are the best, they make awesome food during holidays. Enjoy this time with family.

NB

Nicky said...

My friend from college started a company: www.personalstrainer.com for exactly the purpose of helping people navigate the online personals.

Or find a friend who has done a lot of it. If I were in your area, I'd volunteer. It's fun to get a glass of wine and really tweak up the profile, look at all kinds of people really carefully, and isolate what details about them in their profile turn you off or make you intrigued. I think you need to do a lot of careful looking and thinking in order to work the online personals in a sane and useful way. (Plus if you're on Match.com I think it's useful to have one non-paying account that you use to view profiles, and one paying account that you use to contact people, so you won't have to deal with the "who's viewed you" people who you've decided you don't like.)

I'm looking forward to reading about it, whatever you decide.