Friday, September 08, 2006

NPR : Stories from Sept. 11: Wives, Daughters, Mothers

I heard her personal recollection on the radio this morning during my drive to work. It was really touching. I found myself tearing up. It also reminded me that love is eternal but it doesn't necessarily guarantee together forever. What she says is not written here, you must listen to it.

NPR : Stories from Sept. 11: Wives, Daughters, Mothers: "Monique Ferrer

At 9:04 a.m. on Sept. 11, 2001, Monique Ferrer received a phone call from her ex-husband, Michael Trinidad. He was at work, on the 103rd floor of the World Trade Center's North Tower. Trinidad wanted to talk about their children.

An employee at Cantor Fitzgerald, Trinidad's building had been struck at 8:46 a.m. by the hijacked American Airlines Flight 11. At the time of his call, the South Tower was struck by United Airlines Flight 175.

Trinidad told Ferrer that he was calling to tell her that he still loved her -- and to ask her current husband to be a good father to his kids."

2 comments:

teahouse said...

Wow, that was really touching.

Yeah, 9/11 is my birthday, and for the last 5 years I haven't had a single birthday where I didn't end up watching the news and crying...

Pandax said...

Oh, that's tough.

Welcome back THB! And I hope you have a great birthday with the boy. :)