Friday, July 28, 2006

Late evening singles?

I was at the grocery store midweek. Typically, I go on weekends or immediately after work. This time, however, I was shopping after 7:30 until 9pm.

Most times I stop by on a weeknight, I dash in for a basic necessity like yogurt and leave. This time, I leisurely wandered the store to see what other foods my friends might want to eat. I don't know why, but it seemed like there were more single men roaming the aisles than normal. Sure, there were couples, some kids, and other single people. Living in a suburby area there's a broad mix of people. Maybe my radar was working funny. I felt like I saw more guys wandering around alone. Who knows if they were technically single, but that's another point.

This seemed to be the case at both Safeway and Trader Joe's. One guy who I saw walk into the store went straight for the deli counter. I thought about it for a moment and reasoned that these guys were probably coming in to buy themselves DINNER. Surely, this guy is single. Hmmm, could this be a way to meet new people? Not really my style, I'm too shy. I've never met someone randomly like that. But on the off chance, maybe I should start doing my grocery shopping on weeknights. ;)

No comments: