Monday, July 12, 2004

Curious response

I realize rejection is no fun, but etiquette these days is so lacking with technology such as e-mail. I'm not the greatest at tact but I think it's important to be honest with people. I have to say I'm rather annoyed with an e-mail I received today.

"Hi,

I had a fine week, thanks.

I agree with everything you say. I don't think there's
enough chemistry either. I wasn't planning to ask you
out again anyway, so your message surprised me because
it presupposed I would.

Good luck to you!

--"

There are two things that bother me about his response:

1) He clearly implied that he had future meeting in mind when I exited his car on our last date.

2) So he was just going to not contact me again rather than be polite and say I'm not interested? The "anyway" comment makes me think he's hurt or being defensive with me.

No comments: