Thursday, June 24, 2004

Found a cell phone

Wednesday night I got a little freaked out as I prepared for bed. Standing at my bathroom counter, I realized the door to the deck was unlocked. It was unnerving because I have no idea how long it's been like that. I panicked a little wondering whether anyone had been inside my home. It was very unsettling. To add to the situation, I was startled by the angry meows of two cats outside. They sounded like they were fighting and had fallen from some perched position. One cat was clearly in pain. It was creepy.

That's when my phone rang. The timing was odd and I didn't recognize the number listed on caller ID. I answered and the guy on the other end of the phone said, "hello." I wasn't quite sure of the voice though I suspected it was Tim. I asked who was calling and he wanted me to guess. I said I hadn't heard enough of the voice to know and so he started describing himself as far away, in the dark, ... . Yes I knew it was him.

He had managed to find someone who had a cell phone with reception at the camp. He bought her ice cream just to have the chance to use the phone and call me. So sweet. Unfortunately I think I was a little paranoid from the door and cats so it took me a bit to calm down. It was very nice to talk to him. I probably could have been more affectionate. I did tell him that I was glad he called.

We kept it short since it's someone else's phone. He said, "I miss you," before saying good bye.

No comments: