Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Bold e-mail

I've had it with wondering what's up with GF. My better judgment says to just bail on the whole thing. If a guy really likes you he'd put in more effort. But I believe in giving everyone one extra chance (whether or not it's the wise thing to do). So this morning I sent him one last e-mail. I tried to be careful in my choice of words so as not to make him feel cornered or pressured.

"Hi G,

Still unpacking but the floor is definitely more
visible these days and I can actually use the kitchen
now. Thanks again for the boxes.

I'm guessing you've been rather busy. I thought that
we had a nice time at dinner and that you were
interested in hanging out again. Since I really
haven't heard from you lately, I thought I'd ask if
that's still the case. If not, I understand, I'd just
appreciate knowing that.

P"

He wrote back a couple hours later.

"Hi P,

I'm glad to hear your new place is starting to come together. I just had my contractor come out last night to finish up some track lighting in my kitchen. And, this morning, I finally got my cable TV service setup. Although I still have some home projects to tackle, I feel like the major work is done and I'm pretty well settled in now.

Yeah, it's been hectic lately, but I suppose that's the way it goes sometimes. This week is pretty busy for me, but maybe we can catch up next week?

-G

p.s. How was your Yosemite weekend?"

Did I mention to him that I was going to Yosemite? I have a feeling T must have told him that since he's going this weekend and still trying to figure out which trails to hike. So I'll leave it at this. I want him to initiate this. As independent and strong-willed as I am, I want to be asked out. Gosh it's going to be a complicated week if I try and schedule him in along with Tim and Tan... yikes.

No comments: