Thursday, November 02, 2006

One of those weeks

Frankly, I'd really just like to close the books on this week. It's not be the best. Nothing major has happened, just a lot of little nuisances that make for a frustrating time.

I sent Limey a thank you e-mail the next morning after the concert. I wanted to test his reaction given his lack of any enthusiasm as we parted. He immediately wrote back, saying that he had a good time and invited me to his place. He offered to cook me dinner. This seems like a positive sign.

Unfortunately, I already have plans for the night he chose (I'm finally going to see "Our Town" by Thorton Wilder at a local playhouse). He will then be away on a business trip and said we could catch up when he returns. I then realized that I will be gone the following week for a business trip. I indicated we'd have to wait for two weeks or could slip in a dinner between our two trips.

He hasn't addressed the last comment I made about dinner. Instead, he simply wrote back asking about something we talked about on the drive home from the concert. You'd think (okay, maybe I shouldn't be assuming things) that if he were that interested, he'd try harder to ask me out for another time. Maybe the few days between our two trip, he's busy. I guess with other people I've dated, they try a little more or chat with me on the phone to compensate. Apparently, Limey's not much of a phone person.

I'm getting tired of this. At the same time, I feel like a very poor sport. I hinted that we could try to meet a different time. I could go the next step and actually invite him out. But somehow, I still need him to make the effort. I don't feel like it's my turn yet to play the pursuer.

The rest of my week has been blah. My arm/wrist pain is back. It's affected my neck and made sleeping quite uncomfortable last night. I have to take a break from typing which means no more blogging the rest of this week. :( At least I'll get some reading in.

To add to misery, I found a big screw jammed into the edge of my tire. I think it's been there for awhile as the tread is worn down to nothing. At least I gained some familiarity with how to change a flat by watching the roadside assistance person when they came to my rescue. I'm now waiting for the local tire shop to call me so I can take my car in and place a new tire on the car. If only this had happened next year, when I planned to buy four new tires for the car.

None of my fellow alumni seem to want to watch the football game this weekend. Boo. How can they call themselves true fans!? This is a classic conference rivalry game, and we're favored by more than two touchdowns. I'm looking forward to watching on my 32" LCD on Saturday.

Stay warm, stay dry, and have a nice weekend!

3 comments:

teahouse said...

Hey, have fun watching the game on your big screen tv! I have a pathetic little 20 inch screen...

Pandax said...

I used an eight-year old 20" until last year. It's a big jump in price, but a huge jump in quality to a LCD with HD. I love it!

chloe said...

Hope your wrist/armpain feels better. I recommend using arnica cream (Traumeel is a good brand, you can pick it up at Whole Foods). It's a homeopathic analgesic anti-inflammatory. Works great!