Thursday, November 09, 2006

Day exchange

I have Friday off because I'm working (traveling) for work starting this weekend. In a way it's kind of nice having my "weekend" while everyone else is working. It's quiet. My plan is to do a little Xmas shopping once I fix my sprinkler system this morning and sweep up the yellowed birch leaves (ah the joys of having a small patio with plants.)

I'll be headed to the Midwest for the week. The weather report says the highs will be in 40s. Burrrr! I'm disappointed, however, to report there is no snow in the forecast. While I don't want it to affect my flights, I certainly wouldn't mind walking down the streets with a light dusting of snowing falling when I have a little time to myself. These are the simple things I enjoy.

"Survivor" was fun to watch. It's the first chance I've had to see a full episode in a month. Being three degrees removed from Yul makes it interesting. I'll likely never meet the guy in person, but it adds some sense of realism knowing I could. He seems like a sensible guy, and it's fun to root for a smart, attractive Asian person for a change. (And as I've said before, I'm a sucker for a man who looks sharp in glasses.)

Between "Survivor" and "Amazing Race" it's nice to see more diversity in the groups. The Cho brothers haven't been too impressive lately in their choices, but I'm still rooting for them. The other day, someone joked about how Koreans seems to be dominating television these days. Yul, Becky, Erwin and Godwin, Sandra Oh, Daniel Dae Kim, Yoon-jin Kim. Do they have some secret "in" that other Asians don't know about?

And before I go, how about them Scarlet Knights! Wow! What a win!

2 comments:

chloe said...

I'm just happy to see Asians having real roles and genuine characters. It's also nice to see that most of the shows are also staying true to the ethnicity of the actor (although that isn't that big of an issue).

Don't forget Masa Oki (is that his name?) on Heroes! He rocks!

Have a nice day off and safe trip!

Anonymous said...

What about that girl who's a Veejay on MTV? Her last name is Pak (yeah, like "Park" but without the 'r').