Saturday, August 11, 2007

Messing with endings

I don't know... I love the show but I'm happy where it ended. Then I saw this the other day:

Chris Noth to return as Mr. Big in movie
The Associated Press
Article Launched: 08/10/2007 11:30:37 AM PDT

NEW YORK—Mr. Big and Carrie Bradshaw will be together again, this time on the big screen.

Chris Noth, who played Sarah Jessica Parker's love interest on HBO's "Sex and the City," is slated to reprise his role in a feature film spun from the long-running TV series.

Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon will also reprise their roles for the romantic comedy, to be distributed by New Line Cinema in association with HBO.

"There is no need for funeral arrangements," said Michael Patrick King, who will direct the film. "I assure you that Mr. Big is a very 'big' part of the 'Sex and the City' movie."

"While I have not spoken to him myself, Chris Noth assures me that Mr. Big is alive and well and ready to report to the set in September," King said in a statement Wednesday.

King was one of the executive producers of the TV series, which ended in 2004.


What drama could they possibly create that would be realistic and could be neatly wrapped up in two hours? The only thing I can think of is a wedding and all the trite drama and slapstick associated with getting to the alter. They did such a great job leaving the ending simple and happy - why stir up trouble?

No comments: