Sunday, December 14, 2008

Temporary insanity is back

After almost a year, I dread it's return. This morning, I noticed a few drops of blood in the toilet. The monthly monster is back.

Along with the physical aspects of it all so too are the side effects. For me, the biggest inconvenience is the mental toll. I seriously believe that I suffer some significant synaptic misfirings for a few days each month.

I was a bit down on Friday. When Tim got home, I just cried for awhile. The loss of my job, the stress of interviewing, and all the depressing news about the economy was too much. I haven't had a breakdown like that in quite some time. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I felt so miserable (though I can remember many times feeling like this through the years).

And then last night, I found myself in a dark funk. A panic set in as I sat down to research my interview presentation.

1 comment:

teahouse said...

Hey, I'm catching up on your posts by reading from the oldest on up. I'm sorry that things have been stressful!