Rules for the game:
1. Wrapping or gift bags - Mostly wrap as I find some strange pleasure in the task. Gift bags are reserved for those odd shaped things that aren't worth wasting excessive amounts of paper on to create something wrinkly.
2. Real or artificial tree? Alas, no tree for Pandax, not as long as her bedroom is bigger than her living room. I did see a great pre-lighted, artificial tree at Bloomie's for $75 after Xmas... very tempting for next year. I make up for the smell by walking through places like Target, OSH, and Rite Aid to smell the cut trees.
3. When do you put up the tree? This year, it was Xmas Eve because no one wanted it except me. (My mom was embarassed to have it because we don't really do gifts these days and she doesn't like a bare tree bottom.)
4. When do you take the tree down? Within a few days after Xmas because my dad likes things put away.
5. Do you like eggnog? In small amounts I think it's quite tasty. No lowfat stuff, you gotta go for the 100% unhealthy cream.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I already had a gift from my parents when I noticed there was a Rubik's cube stuffed on a shelf in my parents' closet. I was so excited to get the toy everyone else had. Funny, it was sitting on my dresser when I came home to visit this year.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Eh, because most of us have plenty of storage space to keep such a thing? No, I don't think that's ever going to happen. Besides, my family's not religious.
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't say that I remember... although I can remember several strange birthday gifts. My best guess is probably some overly perfumed set of bath salts and soaps.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? It's a mix because I honestly just can't get them all finished in time. It's also a matter of how close I am to people.
10. Favorite Christmas Movie? I'm still a sucker for "It's A Wonderful Life" though I must admit "Elf" is growing on me. And there always must be a showing of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Maybe July? My philosophy is to shop whenever I see something that fits the person and is a good price. On average, I finish just after Thanksgiving... but that's because I don't have too many nieces and nephews to worry about right now.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies made from scratch with real butter and sugar. Gourmet chocolates like Godiva aren't so bad either. :D
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I used to love colored lights as a kid. Now I'm gotten a bit snooty with the white only.
14. Favorite Christmas song? "Silver Bells" - I used to play it on the piano. I can't stand listening to Xmas music on the radio (I boycott the local station that starts playing it pre-Thankgiving.)
So there's a little about me. I won't specifically tag anyone but you know who you are out there who regularly peak in on my life and vice versa.